Every year, gamers crom across the globe converge on beautiful Cologne, Germany for gamescom, Europe's largest video game convention. With 300,000+ attending each year, gamesom brings out every big name in video games, and this year My.com will be in attendance for the European unveiling of three upcoming MMORPGs: Armored Warfade, Skyforge, and World of Speed! We've talked a bit about some of these games in the past, but this will be the first time that the three will be showcased to members of the press.
So where will you be able to find these games? And what can you expect from My.com at gamescom? Well, keep reading to find out!
- Card Game
- Tower Defense
- God Game
- Hack and Slash
- Fan Wiki
Hazard Ops (known as Zombies Monsters Robots in North America) brings an eclectic mix of shooter tropes together to create one of the most intense, over-the-top, what-in-the-hell-is-happening-to-this-world experiences that you can find today. Developed by Yingpei Games and published by Infernum Productions (as Hazard Ops) and En Masse Entertainment (as Zombies Monsters Robots in North America), Hazard Ops will throw you and your friends against an unending onslaught of monsters, robots, mummies, zombies, dinosaurs, mutants, and just about everything else under the sun! We're excited that we've partnered with Infernum Productions to create the Official Hazard Ops Wiki, giving players a centralized resource to learn about every weapon, character, map, and game mode in this free-to-play shooter.
There's a lot to look forward to in Hazard Ops. Keep reading to learn more!
"If fire is the creative energy of the world that shapes the future, then cold is its memory, the unchangeable past. Cold is primordial and infinite, and therefore invincible. It is an inexhaustible source of power, and there is nothing surprising in the fact that many of the immortals are turning to it to achieve their goals.” - Asterius's Encyclopedia of Divine Powers
As we continue our coverage of Skyforge, we're excited to be able to pull the curtain back on one of the starting classes in the game - the Cryomancer! What is it that makes this master of frozen arts so imposing? Well, keep reading to find out.
It's safe to say that Aderyn's Cradle has had an interesting development history. Although a Kickstarter campaign for the game was unsuccessful in reaching its financial goals, the buzz it generated for the game was very positive and Mojo Game Studios vowed to keep working on it. In the months since then they've been keeping at it, and the game is currently slated for a Summer 2016 release. We're proud to announce that we've partnered with Mojo Game Studio to support the Official Aderyn's Cradle Wiki, creating a centralized resource for all of the information about the game!
So what's Aderyn's Cradle all about? Well, let's find out.
Competitive eSports is changing the way our world works in a number of ways. This week I want to provide my perspective on the rapidly developing and ultra competitive international phenomena that is eSports. ESports is defined as ‘electronic sports” and is currently changing the way a lot of the world defines professional competition. Since early years, we are taught that it is healthy to move our bodies and participate in “play” of some kind. Playing games with others our own age teaches several invaluable social skills while reestablishing the thought that with a healthy body comes a healthy mind. I don’t disagree with any of this, and I would be the first to advocate the value of regular exercise and play in the life of any young person or child, but as technology begins redefines the meaning of “play” for our generation, a wider perspective is required.
Earlier this week Motiga, an independent studio based in Bellevue, Washington, announced their first project: a multiplayer online battle arena title called Gigantic. This team-based action game offers a fresh new take on the genre, fusing strategy, progression, and teamwork with a breathtaking art-style that is hard to ignore. But that only scratches the surface of what's to offer. Continue reading to learn more!
Last week we announced that Gamepedia had partnered with the wonderful people at Humble Bundle to sponsor their latest Weekly Bundle, offering the chance to pick up nine of the most talked about indie games for as little as $10. The response has been amazing, with nearly 50,000* bundles being sold so far! Now if you haven't jumped on this one-time opportunity just yet, don't worry - you still have time! Keep on reading to see what's being offered, and how you can not only get your hands on these games, but also help out the First Book and IndieCade Foundation charities in the process.
Community-supported video game news site N4G is right in the middle of an insane month-long event in which some of the hottest Indie developers are put right in the spotlight.
During Indie Games Month, grassroots studios and developers are grabbing the main page with demos, trailers, previews, interviews, guest blogs, and giveaways! Indeed, at the end of the month the Indie Month Mega Bundle will go to one lucky reader, including codes and copies for all released games covered during July, a $100 Steam or Amazon gift card, and a PS4 console!
You can find a recap below on everything that's been featured so far this month, or you can just head to N4G.com to browse the spotlight.
Day 1: Gone North Games
- Giveaway: Win a Copy of “A Story About My Uncle” and a PS4
- Some Words for A Story About My Uncle
- Developer Blog: Gone North Games
- Interview with Gone North Games
- At A Glance: Gone North Games
Day 2: Coffee Stain Studios
- Giveaway: Win a Copy of Goat Simulator - and a PS4
- Goat Simulator: “Goats are the new zombies”
- Interview with Coffee Stain Studios
- At A Glance: Coffee Stain Studios
Day 3: MagicalTimeBean
- Giveaway: Win a Copy of Escape Goat 2 - and a PS4
- The Blood Pact of Visibility
- Interview with MagicalTimeBean
- Breakout in Indie Month With Escape Goat 2
- At A Glance: MagicalTimeBean
Day 4: Housemarque
- Happy 4th of July from Housemarque!
- Giveaway: Win a Copy of RESOGUN - and a PS4
- We Like Gameplay and That Fits us Fine
- Housemarque Interview: “Everything is better with balls”
- All the Resofun with all the Resogun
- At a Glance: Housemarque
Day 5: Chris Chung
- Giveaway: Catlateral Damage - and enter to win a PS4!
- A Gamer/Game Dev's Opinion of the Game Industry in 2014
- Interview with Chris Chung
- Feline Fine with Catlateral Damage
- At a Glance: Chris Chung
Day 6: Fire Hose Games
- Giveaway: Amazon Gift Cards - and enter to win a PS4!
- Indie Strong
- Brain Surgery and Stand-Up - Fire Hose Games Interview, Part One
- Practically Indie: Fire Hose Games Interview - Part Two
- At a Glance: Fire Hose Games
Day 7: Dejobaan Games
- Giveaway: Drunken Robot Pornography - and enter to win a PS4!
- Interview with Dejobaan Games
- Robot Angst: Making it Work With Booze and Adventure
- At A Glance: Dejobaan Games
Day 8: Vagabond Dog
- Giveaway: Always Sometimes Monsters - and enter to win a PS4!
- Interview with Vagabond Dog, Part Two
- Interview with Vagabond Dog, Part One
- Finding Answers in Always Sometimes Monsters
- Could We Be Always, Sometimes, Monsters?
- At a Glance: Vagabond Dog
Day 9: Chris Hecker
- At a Glance: Chris Hecker
- SpyParty: A Game in Which I Kill My Husband
- Interview with SpyParty's Chris Hecker, Part One
- Interview with SpyParty's Chris Hecker, Part Two
- Giveaway: SpyParty - and enter to win a PS4!
Day 10: Modern Dream
- It's Sabotage!
- At a Glance: Modern Dream
- Interview with Modern Dream’s Ollie Clark - LA Cops
- Giveaway: Steam Codes, LA Cops - and enter to win a PS4!
Day 11: Red Barrels
- Giveaway: OUTLAST: Whistleblower Codes- and enter to win a PS4!
- At a Glance: Red Barrels
- Red Barrels: An Interview with David Chateauneuf and Philippe Morin
- Whistles of the Outlasting Insanity
Day 12: Cowardly Creations
- At a Glance: Cowardly Creations
- Why Indie Games Matter
- Interview with Cowardly Creations
- Giveaway: Steam Gift Codes and a Copy of Uncanny Valley - AND enter...
Day 13: Lumi Games
- At a Glance: Lumi Games
- Lumi Games Interview Part Two: Playing for Charity
- Lumi Games Interview Part One: Starting Out and Building Up
- Giveaway: $100 with Matching Gift to The Super Selma Project - AND...
- A Game Designer’s Approach
- Programming Workflow When Developing a New Game
- Alex's Story
- A Boy's Quest
Day 14: Marc ten Bosch
- At a Glance: Miegakure
- Interview with Miegakure’s Marc ten Bosch, Part One
- Interview with Miegakure’s Marc ten Bosch, Part Two
- A Game in 4D: Miegakure
- $100 in Amazon Gift Cards- AND enter to win a PS4!
Day 15: Klei Entertainment
- At a Glance: Klei Entertainment
- Coming to PS4 July 22: Don't Starve: Reign of Giants Expansion
- Interview with Don’t Starve: Reign of Giants’ Seth Rosen, Part One
- Interview with Don’t Starve: Reign of Giants’ Seth Rosen, Part Two
- Invisible, Inc.: Secret Agent Men and Lessons in Not Skipping Tutor...
- Survival 101 with Don't Starve: In Tools, Hats, and Scary Monsters
- Giveaway: Don’t Starve - and Enter to Win a PS4!
Quest for Infamy promises to take you back to the golden age of adventure gaming, tying a deep narrative experience with the tough puzzles that are a classic adventure game staple. We're proud to partner with the game's developers, Infamous Minds, to create the Official Quest for Infamy Wiki - a central repository for all of the missions, characters, items, and more found in Quest for Infamy.
Click to read more!
It is time, once again, for us to take a look at the expansive world of the upcoming MMORPG Skyforge. Today we're taking a look at a brand new area in the game, the Lanber Forest. This serene and secluded part of Aelion is home to a lush forest and the small village of Kyris. But all is not as it seems in this seemingly quiet region, as long-forgotten forces are at work to take this area for themselves...
Gamepedia T-shirt Giveaway
Win a free Gamepedia t-shirt!Ends
The Order: 1886 Wiki Game Giveaway
Win a copy of The Order: 1886 for being the best editor!Ends
Quantum Break Wiki Game Giveaway
Win a copy of Quantum Break for being the best editor!Ends
The Evil Within Wiki Game Giveaway
Win a copy of The Evil Within for being the best editor!Ends
Dying Light Wiki Game Giveaway
Win a copy of Dying Light for being the best editor!Ends