Final Fantasy XV releases today on PS4 and Xbox One, and we've been waiting a long time to jump back into the series. To help get you started on your journey, here's a list of helpful tips and tricks we've compiled to assist you in the game. For more information on FFXV, visit the Final Fantasy 15 Wiki on Gamepedia. If you have any tips to share, let us know in the comments below.
- Hold Right/Left on D-Pad while driving to cycle albums instead of songs. (u/TCubedGaming)
- Ignis can learn recipes from obtaining ingredients, purchasing cookbooks from general stores, eating food, being near people eating food, and gaining a cooking level. (u/Organyx)
- Sleeping in different places causes story scenes to play out differently, giving you the opportunity to earn AP or unlock new skills. (u/Saucy_Bastard)
- When falling from a tall height, hit the defend button before smacking into the ground. You’ll do a roll and negate fall damage. (u/Visenad)
- Be cautious selling Treasure; some might be needed for crafting magic or completing side quests.
- The longer range your Warp-Strike is, the more damage it will do.
- You are immune during Warping and Warp-Striking enemies.
- Enemy species can be more susceptible to certain weapon types over others, so be prepared to switch weapons in an instant.
- You can instantly restore Noctis’s MP by warping to blue markers.
- Roll-Dodge to avoid incoming attacks by tapping Square/X.
- There is no limit to how many side quests you can have.
- Enemies are more powerful at night.
- When fishing, stop reeling when there’s tension and when the fish splashes. (u/Saucy_Bastard)
- You can force morning by camping.
- You can force night by accepting a hunt for a nighttime target.
- Quickly tap the sprint button as your Stamina runs out to instantly refill it.
- Chocobos can swim. (u/Organyx)
- Before engaging an enemy, a party member might suggest a strategy. If you execute the strategy, you’ll receive AP.
- Early game grinding area: in the Chapter 2 side quest "The Aspiring Artisan," Imperial Magitek Troops keep spawning. (u/kandrew12)
- Don't use the Axe of the Conqueror on a large group of enemies, or the recoil will kill you. (u/coblah)
- Auto-save exists, but make sure to manually save as well.
Brianna engages with the Gamepedia community through editorial content and social media. When she’s not busy tweeting about gaming news, she enjoys playing tabletop games, spending time outdoors, and binge-watching sci-fi.