If you are a fan of role-playing games, than Final Fantasy is a name you are probably well familiar with. There's a great chance that you've developed a favorite over the almost 30 years this series has been around. With every entry in this anthology of semi-scifi, near-fantasy being so incredibly different than the others, one can probably discern a specific set of traits about the kind of person that likes any particular game. Or at least, that's what were about to attempt.
- You are old.
- Time travel excites/scares you.
- You'll literally talk to anyone (and everyone).
- This is your favorite web comic.
Final Fantasy II
- You often dream of riding flightless birds.
- You've considered changing your name to Cid.
- You're very good at memorizing key words and phrases.
- You're a rebel with a very specific set of causes.
Final Fantasy III
- You are the hippest of hipsters.
- You love options.
- You have a healthy mistrust of clouds.
- You think a well-rounded set of inheritance laws can prevent disasters.
Final Fantasy IV
- To you, there's no such thing as "too many party members."
- You're really into space travel.
- King Arthur is your spirit animal.
- You are very forgiving.
Final Fantasy V
- You ship ExDeath/Gilgamesh.
- You're a pirate every year for Halloween.
- You're very skeptical about trees.
- No one understands you.
Final Fantasy VI
- You're old or a hipster.
- You think pixel art is the best kind of art.
- Your favorite Batman villain is The Joker.
- Sadness makes you happy.
Final Fantasy VII
- This was your first Final Fantasy.
- You love 80's action movies.
- You don't play many JRPGs.
- You're pretty trendy.
Final Fantasy VIII
- You value on-the-job training over traditional schooling.
- You think that there is no inappropriate spot for fur trim/chains.
Final Fantasy IX
- You are a quirky theater nerd and probably have a favorite Shakespearean sonnet.
- You might also be a furry. (No judgement.)
- You love Dragon Ball Z, especially the men with monkey tails.
- This is the last Final Fantasy you liked.
Final Fantasy X
- You might believe in ghosts.
- FFX is also your favorite Meg Ryan movie.
- You're really into the beach.
- Whales make you nervous.
Final Fantasy XII
- You like Star Wars a lot.
- Bunny ears didn't do much for you before, but now...
- You're very much a "hands-off" kind of supervisor.
- To you, there are no bad guys.
Final Fantasy XIII
- You always have time to talk about your Lord and Savior, Lightning.
- You prefer subs over dubs.
- You probably love Gilmore Girls.
- You are rubber, they are glue.
Final Fantasy XV
- You're still waiting for that Euro Trip sequel.
- You've recently found out that you're a foodie.
- Seat belts feel like constructs developed by The Man to trap you.
- You have immaculate taste in hair.
Jarrett shares his love of video games and geek culture through feature articles on Gamepedia. He prides himself on his deep attraction to Japanese beat-em ups and his god-like Bushido Blade talents.