GAMEPEDIA SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of Canada or the United States including the District of Columbia who are thirteen (13) years of age or older as of date of entry and have a valid, registered member account at www.curse.com (the “Site”). Residents of Massachusetts and the province of Quebec, Canada are ineligible to enter or win. Employees and their immediate family members (parent, siblings, children and spouse, and persons residing in the same household whether related or not) of Curse Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and all other companies associated with the GAMEPEDIA SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”), and their respective agents, officers, and directors, and all individuals, including, but not limited to, consultants, independent contractors, so-called “temporary employees,” former employees and interns (and their immediate family members) who have, within the past six (6) months, performed services for Sponsor, are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Massachusetts and Quebec, Canada. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on September 6th, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. CDT and ends on November 15, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. CDT (The “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor, any third party appointed by Sponsor to assist with the administration of the Sweepstakes (each a “Sweepstakes Administrator” if any), or Sponsor’s duly authorized representative shall be the determiner of all Sweepstakes-related time periods and Sponsor’s decision as to whether an entry has been received during the Sweepstakes Period shall be final.
3. How to Enter: a. (i) Online Entries. To enter online go to http://www.gamepedia.com/console-wiki-editing-contest. You must be a registered member of Curse.com the “Site” during the Sweepstakes Period described above (including a new user that registers during the Sweepstakes Period) to enter online. No paid subscription is required to enter. Each eligible, existing registered user of the Site that satisfies the foregoing and the other terms and conditions of these Official Rules will be entered in the Sweepstakes. All online entry requirements must be satisfied by the close of the Sweepstakes Period. Canadian residents must correctly answer the following question: “What is 4+4+8?” Failure to submit the correct answer at time of online entry shall render the entry null and void. b. Canadian residents only. As referenced above, to be eligible to enter and win a prize, regardless of entry method, eligible Canadian residents must correctly answer the question above. Failure to submit the correct answer at time of entry shall render the entry null and void. c. Limit: One entry per person. Any attempt to exceed this limit (either online or by mail) may result in disqualification (at Sponsor’s discretion). All entries become the sole property of Sponsor, and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. How to win: Twenty-four (24) winners will be selected from all eligible entries in a random drawing to take place once a week through the end of the contest. Prize winners will be notified by email or any other appropriate method (at Sponsor’s discretion) using the contact details for the prize winner set out in such winner’s registered account for the Site at such date or contained within their entry for the Sweepstakes within forty-eight (48) hours of said drawing. Upon receiving such a notification, a winner must reply to Sponsor or Sponsor’s authorized representative (as specified in the relevant notification) within seven (7) days of said notification being sent, or Sponsor may award the prize (as defined below) to another eligible entrant.
5. Prizes: a. Grand Prize. Twenty-four (24) Grand Prize winners will be chosen to win a Gamepedia "Swag Package" consisting of several promotional items with an ARV of $25.00. Total ARV of prizes is $600.00. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor reserves the right to adjust the pricing of its subscription services for the Site at any time, and actual subscription periods and exchange rates may vary. Awarding of a prize does not constitute the respective prize-providing entities’ affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement of, the Sweepstakes. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES AND FEES, INCLDUING INCOME TAX, SALES TAX, AND LICENSE FEES, AND ANY OTHER EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF THE RECEIPT AND USE OF THE PRIZES, ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Any difference between the stated estimated value of a prize and its actual value will not be awarded. Winners agree to accept their prize “AS IS” and Sponsor may provide a federal 1099 financial reporting form to U.S. residents and a W8-BEN reporting form for Canadian residents, as applicable. If so provided, the respective form must be executed and returned to Sponsor per the instructions provided by the Sponsor. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties regarding the quality of any prize and any conditions, warranties or other terms implied by statue or common law are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any complaints in relations to any prize must be directed to the relevant third party manufacturer or provider of such prize.
6. Restrictions: Prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable. Prizes are not replaceable if lost, damaged or stolen. Sponsor is not required to (but may at its sole discretion) offer any substitutions, cash redemptions, or alternative to prizes awarded under this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event a prize is unavailable. The recipient of a prize must have a U.S. or Canadian mailing address. All prizes awarded are subject to the terms, conditions, restrictions and limitations noted in these Official Rules, on the prizes and/or included or provided with the prizes.
7. General Entry Rules: Any individual or entrant who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, entry under multiple identities, and/or uses multiple computers, multiple Internet Protocol addresses, so-called “proxy servers,” or any software program to manipulate or create multiple entries, or uses any other device, method, or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sponsor or Sweepstakes Administrator, will be disqualified. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to review and investigate all entries and to take any and all measures it deems necessary to ensure a fair Sweepstakes. Mutilated, edited, lost, illegible, or incomplete entries will be deemed ineligible, disqualified and void. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Sponsor, together with any Sweepstakes Administrator(s), and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers (including all prize providers), printers, and distributors, and the respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of each and any other person or entity related in any way to this Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”), are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, or damaged entries or for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error that may occur in winner notification or other Sweepstakes-related communications, or the processing, review, or tabulation of the entries in this Sweepstakes, or for any printing errors in these Official Rules. If by reason of a printing or other error within the official advertising for the Sweepstakes carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor, the entrants reasonably believe that more prizes are available to be won as part of the Sweepstakes than the number set forth in these Official Rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims for such additional prizes will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. If for any reason (including infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes) the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the winner(s) from entries received prior to the action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANY FRAUDULENT ENTRIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. At Sponsor’s sole discretion, entrants and/or winners who do not comply with these Official Rules or otherwise attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way may be disqualified. ALL DECISIONS BY SPONSOR ARE FINAL. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, DO NOT ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
10. Winners’ List and Official Rules: You may request the names of winners and a copy of these Official Rules by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by August 16 2014 to: Curse Inc., 305 Church St SW Suite 601 Huntsville AL 35801. Residents of WA and VT may omit postage for rules requests.
11. Sponsor and Promoter: Curse Inc305 Church St SW Suite 601 Huntsville AL 35801.