In the distant future, when technology has hit its peak and monotony seeps in, society turns to other dark vices to push their boredom away. That is until a charismatic leader emerges from the crowd to guide them to the light. Who is it? It’s you.
Jan 30, 2019
Aug 14, 2017
The AIAS Foundation, the philanthropic branch of the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, has just announced their five recipients for their annual Randy Pausch, Mark Beaumont, and WomenIn scholarship programs.Posted in: AIAS Foundation Announces Their Five Scholarship Recipients for 2017
Mar 27, 2017
The AIAS Foundation, a philanthropic branch created by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, alongside the Entertainment Software Association (ESA), has recently announced that their annual "Into the Pixel" video game art exhibit is now accepting submissions from the video game community.Posted in: AIAS Now Accepting "Into the Pixel" Video Game Art Submissions
Dec 14, 2016
Recently, the folks over at Gaijin Entertainment released details on the Chi-Ha Short Gun, one of the new tanks from the upcoming War Thunder update, "Way of the Samurai", which introduces the Imperial Japanese Army faction to the game.Posted in: War Thunder Update 1.65 'Way of the Samurai' Introduces Japanese Tanks and Ends Open Beta
Sep 28, 2016
This years' D.I.C.E. Europe has come to a close and the AIAS Foundation, the the philanthropic arm of the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, has announced their four scholarship winners!Posted in: AIAS Announces Scholarship Winners, Taking Applications for WomenIn Program
Jun 29, 2016
E3 2016 has come and gone, but it has undoubtedly left us all in a whirlwind of hype and wonderment of what's to come. Many amazing titles were announced and shown off this year, and those that we found to be most impressive were given their very own Curse Media Award!Posted in: Presenting the E3 2016 Curse Media Awards!
May 16, 2016
Come celebrate the launch of Overwatch with us by entering to compete in the second Alienware Monthly Melee tournament featuring a $3,000 prize pool! Will we see you on the battlefield?Posted in: Sign-ups to Alienware's Monthly Melee Start Today for Overwatch
Feb 2, 2015
Highly anticipated sci-fi RTS Grey Goo kicked off just last month, with players everywhere lining up to show off their strategy skills and reign supreme as Beta, Humans, or Goo. We've partnered with Grey Box to not only tell you about this refreshing take on Real-Time Strategy, but to give you a chance to win amazing prizes -- you could take home an Alienware 17 laptop and a copy of Grey Goo, just by entering over at this page!
Nov 10, 2014
This Friday, November 14th, marks the release of 11 bit studios’ latest creation, This War of Mine, a game that’s putting a spin on the survival game genre. The ‘big bad’ is no longer of the monster, zombie or alien variety, but rather that of war and its effect on people and communities. With the release just around the corner, we wanted to bring your attention to the official wiki for the game, which may provide you with useful for tips and information on how to keep your ragtag group of weary survivors alive through the war.Posted in: Announcing the Official Wiki for This War of Mine
Nov 5, 2014
Entering its final week of Kickstarter, crowd favorite Rogue Wizards has some good news to share with those that have been following the game’s progress. On November 4th, Spellbind Studios announced on their Kickstarter page that Rogue Wizards has been approved by Valve for global release on Steam via their Greenlight program! With that in mind, Rogue Wizards still needs your support for the final stretch of their Kickstarter campaign, so get your spellbook out and cast Pledge and become the wizard you were meant to be!Posted in: Rogue Wizards Gets Greenlit, But Needs Your Support!
Nov 5, 2014
The creators of the award-winning board game Zpocalypse, Greenbrier Games, have decided they’re not quite done with zombie genre, and neither are we. The horde of zombies is now spreading from your tabletop to your PC with their latest project Zpocalypse: Survival, a single-player RTS survival game set in a post-apocalyptic and post-nuclear world (as if one disaster wasn’t enough). If you want to live to see tomorrow, you’ll need a trusty survival guide to help you and we have just the thing: the official Zpocalypse: Survival wiki. You’re welcome.Posted in: Announcing the Zpocalypse: Survival Wiki
Nov 5, 2014
For a one-person team, Voxel Quest is an incredibly ambitious project: a sandbox RPG with enough features to make your head spin. However, there are just over two days left on its Kickstarter and it and it could really use your help on reaching its goal to become fully-funded. We believe that you guys will see the potential as we have, so we’re proud to announce the official Voxel Quest wiki here on Gamepedia!Posted in: Voxel Quest Official Wiki and Final Hours of Kickstarter
Mar 29, 2014
Alongside the Update Notes that were posted today, SOE has a bunch of information to help you transition from the Alpha build stage to today's Closed Beta stage. You can find all of that information here, but I am going to highlight some of the more important pieces in this post.
In the current development stage, the many different biomes are portioned off to their own little "island." You can easily jump from one to the other at the main Landmark hub, but there are many to sort through. Fear not, SOE has created an easily accessible list of all the island names with their biome and tier info (click image for larger version):
Dave Georgeson has given everyone a good headstart with a few tips on how to get started once you login so that you can get your Claim up as soon as possible:
If you played Alpha, then the beginning steps after you enter the world have changed a bit. Just to avoid confusion, here's a few starting steps for you! (Also useful for you folks that are completely new to the game!)
IF YOU HAVE A FOUNDER'S PICK!
- Mine some copper and craft a pair of Keen Eye Bands (discovery stat ftw!)
- Go find some iron and the other resources you need to make a claim flag.
- Make that flag at the BASIC FORGE at the Hub. (The hub no longer has a Stone Forge.)
- Go stake your claim.
- Then go back to the hub, make a Stone Forge, and take it back to your claim so that you can make Iron Ingots and such. (Basic Forge only smelts copper and tin.)
- Build an Alchemy Station, then an Iron Pick, then a Silver Axe.
- Up to you at this point, but pro tip...consider an Outfitter's Station so you get access to better Discovery accessories.
IF YOU DO *NOT* HAVE A FOUNDER'S PICK!
- Start out by building a Copper Pick.
- Gather more copper and build a pair of Keen Eye Bands
- Build a Tin Axe (not strictly necessary, but nicer than the Stone Axe).
- Build a claim flag and plant your claim
- Refer to the post-claim steps in the list above!
ALSO! Be warned! You do NOT know the progression steps just because you played Alpha. You'll need to poke around and figure it out, just like you did at the start of Alpha. (Example, the next step after stone forge is NOT saw table.)
Recently, SOE updated their Roadmap to highlight what is left in Phase I, along with some changes/additions to later phases. You can check out the entire thing here.
Phase One tasks still to complete
- Claim Ratings : Bragging is fun. Getting comments and ratings from people that stop by your claim can also be fun. Having ratings lets us also add leaderboards and let the best of the creators in our community begin to surface. They’re also critical for our Player Studio presentation later on.[Closed Beta Launch]
- Claim Upkeep : Empty and abandoned claims are not cool. So we’re introducing Upkeep which is basically a small amount of in-game coin you have to spend to keep your claim from being repossessed into the world and made available to other players. (NOTE: If you don’t pay your upkeep all you lose is your spot in the world. All your resources, props, crafted items, etc., are saved in your inventory and your buildout is templatized and saved for you.) [Closed Beta Launch]
For the latest EverQuest Next and Landmark news, keep an eye on the EQNext Fans! To learn more in-depth information regarding the latest from the EverQuest franchise, or to lend a hand with wiki content, please see the the EQNext Wiki! [Vendolyn]
Mar 5, 2014
With a month of EverQuest Next Landmark alpha under our belt, our EverQuest Next wiki is now brimming with EQN Landmark information. In fact, it's one of the most comprehensive sources for Landmark items and recipes!
What can you do to help keep it that way? Well, not only can you help out by adding new information as the game continues to develop, but the wiki is also in need of an outstanding administration team. If that sounds like something you'd be interested in, and you've been helpful with editing and adding to the wiki already, all you have to do is login and hit the Claim this Wiki button to apply. Accepted applicants must agree to the following:
- Use the administrative tools made available to you with care and judgement, especially the ability to delete pages and block users and IP addresses.
- Work to build better content and community on your wiki.
- Never use these tools in an abusive manner, for instance, to punish a user that you have a personal disagreement with.
- Lead by example and to behave in a respectful, civil manner in your interactions with others.
- Never share your password or account with anyone else, for any reason. If your password has been compromised, or if your account has been otherwise compromised (even by an editor or individual you trust), you will change your password immediately, or report it to wiki staff immediately.
Cheers and we'll see you in game!
Feb 1, 2014
We have an update regarding the EverQuest Next Landmark alpha, thanks to our crew at the San Diego community event today. SOE has officially announced that the Alpha for the highly anticipated game will begin this evening!“Later today, we will begin the Alpha for EverQuest Next Landmark and open up the game to our most committed and passionate players,” said Dave Georgeson, Director of Development for the EverQuest franchise. “This is the earliest point in the development process that we’ve ever let players into a game. We are empowering these players to do much more than test the game for bugs. For the first time, our players can join alongside us as part of the development team. They will have a significant voice in how the final game takes shape.”
Not only that, but we were able to snag an interview with Jeff Butler, Creative Director:
For more news regarding EverQuest Next and EverQuest Next Landmark, be sure to keep an eye on EQNext Fans! There is also an article over at Curse.com for EQNext Landmark's alpha release. To preorder, please do so directly through the EQNext website or by logging into your SOE account online. For game information, or to become a wiki contributor and editor, head over to the EQNext Wiki to lend a hand! [Vendolyn]