Nov 5, 2014
Entering its final week of Kickstarter, crowd favorite Rogue Wizards has some good news to share with those that have been following the game’s progress. On November 4th, Spellbind Studios announced on their Kickstarter page that Rogue Wizards has been approved by Valve for global release on Steam via their Greenlight program! With that in mind, Rogue Wizards still needs your support for the final stretch of their Kickstarter campaign, so get your spellbook out and cast Pledge and become the wizard you were meant to be!Posted in: Rogue Wizards Gets Greenlit, But Needs Your Support!
Nov 5, 2014
The creators of the award-winning board game Zpocalypse, Greenbrier Games, have decided they’re not quite done with zombie genre, and neither are we. The horde of zombies is now spreading from your tabletop to your PC with their latest project Zpocalypse: Survival, a single-player RTS survival game set in a post-apocalyptic and post-nuclear world (as if one disaster wasn’t enough). If you want to live to see tomorrow, you’ll need a trusty survival guide to help you and we have just the thing: the official Zpocalypse: Survival wiki. You’re welcome.Posted in: Announcing the Zpocalypse: Survival Wiki
Nov 5, 2014
For a one-person team, Voxel Quest is an incredibly ambitious project: a sandbox RPG with enough features to make your head spin. However, there are just over two days left on its Kickstarter and it and it could really use your help on reaching its goal to become fully-funded. We believe that you guys will see the potential as we have, so we’re proud to announce the official Voxel Quest wiki here on Gamepedia!Posted in: Voxel Quest Official Wiki and Final Hours of Kickstarter
Mar 29, 2014
Alongside the Update Notes that were posted today, SOE has a bunch of information to help you transition from the Alpha build stage to today's Closed Beta stage. You can find all of that information here, but I am going to highlight some of the more important pieces in this post.
In the current development stage, the many different biomes are portioned off to their own little "island." You can easily jump from one to the other at the main Landmark hub, but there are many to sort through. Fear not, SOE has created an easily accessible list of all the island names with their biome and tier info (click image for larger version):
Dave Georgeson has given everyone a good headstart with a few tips on how to get started once you login so that you can get your Claim up as soon as possible:
If you played Alpha, then the beginning steps after you enter the world have changed a bit. Just to avoid confusion, here's a few starting steps for you! (Also useful for you folks that are completely new to the game!)
IF YOU HAVE A FOUNDER'S PICK!
- Mine some copper and craft a pair of Keen Eye Bands (discovery stat ftw!)
- Go find some iron and the other resources you need to make a claim flag.
- Make that flag at the BASIC FORGE at the Hub. (The hub no longer has a Stone Forge.)
- Go stake your claim.
- Then go back to the hub, make a Stone Forge, and take it back to your claim so that you can make Iron Ingots and such. (Basic Forge only smelts copper and tin.)
- Build an Alchemy Station, then an Iron Pick, then a Silver Axe.
- Up to you at this point, but pro tip...consider an Outfitter's Station so you get access to better Discovery accessories.
IF YOU DO *NOT* HAVE A FOUNDER'S PICK!
- Start out by building a Copper Pick.
- Gather more copper and build a pair of Keen Eye Bands
- Build a Tin Axe (not strictly necessary, but nicer than the Stone Axe).
- Build a claim flag and plant your claim
- Refer to the post-claim steps in the list above!
ALSO! Be warned! You do NOT know the progression steps just because you played Alpha. You'll need to poke around and figure it out, just like you did at the start of Alpha. (Example, the next step after stone forge is NOT saw table.)
Recently, SOE updated their Roadmap to highlight what is left in Phase I, along with some changes/additions to later phases. You can check out the entire thing here.
Phase One tasks still to complete
- Claim Ratings : Bragging is fun. Getting comments and ratings from people that stop by your claim can also be fun. Having ratings lets us also add leaderboards and let the best of the creators in our community begin to surface. They’re also critical for our Player Studio presentation later on.[Closed Beta Launch]
- Claim Upkeep : Empty and abandoned claims are not cool. So we’re introducing Upkeep which is basically a small amount of in-game coin you have to spend to keep your claim from being repossessed into the world and made available to other players. (NOTE: If you don’t pay your upkeep all you lose is your spot in the world. All your resources, props, crafted items, etc., are saved in your inventory and your buildout is templatized and saved for you.) [Closed Beta Launch]
For the latest EverQuest Next and Landmark news, keep an eye on the EQNext Fans! To learn more in-depth information regarding the latest from the EverQuest franchise, or to lend a hand with wiki content, please see the the EQNext Wiki! [Vendolyn]
Mar 5, 2014
With a month of EverQuest Next Landmark alpha under our belt, our EverQuest Next wiki is now brimming with EQN Landmark information. In fact, it's one of the most comprehensive sources for Landmark items and recipes!
What can you do to help keep it that way? Well, not only can you help out by adding new information as the game continues to develop, but the wiki is also in need of an outstanding administration team. If that sounds like something you'd be interested in, and you've been helpful with editing and adding to the wiki already, all you have to do is login and hit the Claim this Wiki button to apply. Accepted applicants must agree to the following:
- Use the administrative tools made available to you with care and judgement, especially the ability to delete pages and block users and IP addresses.
- Work to build better content and community on your wiki.
- Never use these tools in an abusive manner, for instance, to punish a user that you have a personal disagreement with.
- Lead by example and to behave in a respectful, civil manner in your interactions with others.
- Never share your password or account with anyone else, for any reason. If your password has been compromised, or if your account has been otherwise compromised (even by an editor or individual you trust), you will change your password immediately, or report it to wiki staff immediately.
Cheers and we'll see you in game!
Feb 1, 2014
We have an update regarding the EverQuest Next Landmark alpha, thanks to our crew at the San Diego community event today. SOE has officially announced that the Alpha for the highly anticipated game will begin this evening!“Later today, we will begin the Alpha for EverQuest Next Landmark and open up the game to our most committed and passionate players,” said Dave Georgeson, Director of Development for the EverQuest franchise. “This is the earliest point in the development process that we’ve ever let players into a game. We are empowering these players to do much more than test the game for bugs. For the first time, our players can join alongside us as part of the development team. They will have a significant voice in how the final game takes shape.”
Not only that, but we were able to snag an interview with Jeff Butler, Creative Director:
For more news regarding EverQuest Next and EverQuest Next Landmark, be sure to keep an eye on EQNext Fans! There is also an article over at Curse.com for EQNext Landmark's alpha release. To preorder, please do so directly through the EQNext website or by logging into your SOE account online. For game information, or to become a wiki contributor and editor, head over to the EQNext Wiki to lend a hand! [Vendolyn]
Jan 20, 2014
- Alpha just around the corner!
- New ebook coming out, Prison of Fire
- New content coming to the Landmark website, including fansite Collective Interview responses, a new contest for EQ players to show off and brag about what they've accomplished in the game
- Community Celebration kicking off the Year of EverQuest here at the SOE San Diego Studio on January 31st
- New developer diary coming out this month about crafting
For the latest EverQuest Next and EQNext Landmark news, keep an eye on the EQNext Fans! To learn more in-depth information regarding the latest from the EverQuest franchise, or to lend a hand with wiki content, please see the the EQNext Wiki! [Vendolyn]