It's been a little over a year, but it is now here - version 1.9, the Combat Update, is now live!
Whether you're a seasoned SMITE player, or new to the game or genre, now's the best time to play because Curse Voice is giving away an exclusive Curse-themed Agni skin! All you have to do is play ten games in SMITE while using Curse Voice to unlock it.
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - First Assault, Neople’s first-person shooter rendition of the critically acclaimed anime series “The Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex”, released to Early Access on Steam this week! Fans of the series will recognize some of the unique characters, including Major Motoko Kusanagi, Batou, Saito, Borma, Paz, Togusa and Ishikawa -- all playable within the game.
Highly anticipated sci-fi RTS Grey Goo kicked off just last month, with players everywhere lining up to show off their strategy skills and reign supreme as Beta, Humans, or Goo. We've partnered with Grey Box to not only tell you about this refreshing take on Real-Time Strategy, but to give you a chance to win amazing prizes -- you could take home an Alienware 17 laptop and a copy of Grey Goo, just by entering over at this page!
Announced at Blizzcon in front of an eager audience today was Blizzard's first new IP in 17 years! Dubbed Overwatch (yes, we already have a wiki), the game is a highly stylized team-based shooter set on earth in the near future. Matches will pit a large range of heroes against one another in face-paced conflict, including soldiers, mercenaries, scientists, adventurers, and more.
If you're reading this, you're probably just as hyped for Evolve as we are! If that's true, we have great news for you -- Curse Voice is the exclusive limited-time home for Evolve Big Alpha Guaranteed Access keys! This means that starting today and extending through Friday, October 31, Curse is the only spot on the internet where PC gamers can grab a registration code and guarantee themselves a spot in the 4v1 action next weekend.
Curse is proud to bring you a limited number of beta keys for our latest obsession: Landmark. A world founded on the passion, talents, and ambition of its community, players in Landmark fulfill unique roles as they explore the limits of creativity and curiosity.
Throughout their journey, they will have a direct and permanent impact upon the world. Traverse the lands to view breathtaking, player-made building projects, find resources to supply your own endeavors, and revisit the concept of exploration.
These keys grant 7 days of access to the Landmark Closed Beta. The time begins when you redeem the code. Follow these instructions for redemption:
- Get your key from http://www.curse.com/betas/landmark-beta-key-giveaway
- Go to https://www.landmarkthegame.com/home and enter the key in the “Have a promotional key?” box on the right side of the website.
- On the next page either log in with your SOE account or create a SOE account.
- After log in, click the “GO!” button to redeem the key to your account.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your account activation that includes instructions and a link on how to download the Landmark launcher.
- If you do not receive the email with the download link, the link is available in the Landmark Forums.
As a huge thank you to our most amazing supporters, Curse Premium subscribers will get first dibs on keys from July 25th to the 26th! The giveaway will open up to all users on the 27th. Head to http://www.curse.com/betas/landmark-beta-key-giveaway to grab yours now, or to http://www.curse.com/premium to subscribe.
If you want to know more about Landmark head to the official site, and don't forget to check out Curse's own resources! EQNextFans is the number one source for Landmark news, forums, videos, and more, and the official wiki will provide you with all the gameplay details you need to know to get ahead!
Community-supported video game news site N4G is right in the middle of an insane month-long event in which some of the hottest Indie developers are put right in the spotlight.
During Indie Games Month, grassroots studios and developers are grabbing the main page with demos, trailers, previews, interviews, guest blogs, and giveaways! Indeed, at the end of the month the Indie Month Mega Bundle will go to one lucky reader, including codes and copies for all released games covered during July, a $100 Steam or Amazon gift card, and a PS4 console!
You can find a recap below on everything that's been featured so far this month, or you can just head to N4G.com to browse the spotlight.
Day 1: Gone North Games
- Giveaway: Win a Copy of “A Story About My Uncle” and a PS4
- Some Words for A Story About My Uncle
- Developer Blog: Gone North Games
- Interview with Gone North Games
- At A Glance: Gone North Games
Day 2: Coffee Stain Studios
- Giveaway: Win a Copy of Goat Simulator - and a PS4
- Goat Simulator: “Goats are the new zombies”
- Interview with Coffee Stain Studios
- At A Glance: Coffee Stain Studios
Day 3: MagicalTimeBean
- Giveaway: Win a Copy of Escape Goat 2 - and a PS4
- The Blood Pact of Visibility
- Interview with MagicalTimeBean
- Breakout in Indie Month With Escape Goat 2
- At A Glance: MagicalTimeBean
Day 4: Housemarque
- Happy 4th of July from Housemarque!
- Giveaway: Win a Copy of RESOGUN - and a PS4
- We Like Gameplay and That Fits us Fine
- Housemarque Interview: “Everything is better with balls”
- All the Resofun with all the Resogun
- At a Glance: Housemarque
Day 5: Chris Chung
- Giveaway: Catlateral Damage - and enter to win a PS4!
- A Gamer/Game Dev's Opinion of the Game Industry in 2014
- Interview with Chris Chung
- Feline Fine with Catlateral Damage
- At a Glance: Chris Chung
Day 6: Fire Hose Games
- Giveaway: Amazon Gift Cards - and enter to win a PS4!
- Indie Strong
- Brain Surgery and Stand-Up - Fire Hose Games Interview, Part One
- Practically Indie: Fire Hose Games Interview - Part Two
- At a Glance: Fire Hose Games
Day 7: Dejobaan Games
- Giveaway: Drunken Robot Pornography - and enter to win a PS4!
- Interview with Dejobaan Games
- Robot Angst: Making it Work With Booze and Adventure
- At A Glance: Dejobaan Games
Day 8: Vagabond Dog
- Giveaway: Always Sometimes Monsters - and enter to win a PS4!
- Interview with Vagabond Dog, Part Two
- Interview with Vagabond Dog, Part One
- Finding Answers in Always Sometimes Monsters
- Could We Be Always, Sometimes, Monsters?
- At a Glance: Vagabond Dog
Day 9: Chris Hecker
- At a Glance: Chris Hecker
- SpyParty: A Game in Which I Kill My Husband
- Interview with SpyParty's Chris Hecker, Part One
- Interview with SpyParty's Chris Hecker, Part Two
- Giveaway: SpyParty - and enter to win a PS4!
Day 10: Modern Dream
- It's Sabotage!
- At a Glance: Modern Dream
- Interview with Modern Dream’s Ollie Clark - LA Cops
- Giveaway: Steam Codes, LA Cops - and enter to win a PS4!
Day 11: Red Barrels
- Giveaway: OUTLAST: Whistleblower Codes- and enter to win a PS4!
- At a Glance: Red Barrels
- Red Barrels: An Interview with David Chateauneuf and Philippe Morin
- Whistles of the Outlasting Insanity
Day 12: Cowardly Creations
- At a Glance: Cowardly Creations
- Why Indie Games Matter
- Interview with Cowardly Creations
- Giveaway: Steam Gift Codes and a Copy of Uncanny Valley - AND enter...
Day 13: Lumi Games
- At a Glance: Lumi Games
- Lumi Games Interview Part Two: Playing for Charity
- Lumi Games Interview Part One: Starting Out and Building Up
- Giveaway: $100 with Matching Gift to The Super Selma Project - AND...
- A Game Designer’s Approach
- Programming Workflow When Developing a New Game
- Alex's Story
- A Boy's Quest
Day 14: Marc ten Bosch
- At a Glance: Miegakure
- Interview with Miegakure’s Marc ten Bosch, Part One
- Interview with Miegakure’s Marc ten Bosch, Part Two
- A Game in 4D: Miegakure
- $100 in Amazon Gift Cards- AND enter to win a PS4!
Day 15: Klei Entertainment
- At a Glance: Klei Entertainment
- Coming to PS4 July 22: Don't Starve: Reign of Giants Expansion
- Interview with Don’t Starve: Reign of Giants’ Seth Rosen, Part One
- Interview with Don’t Starve: Reign of Giants’ Seth Rosen, Part Two
- Invisible, Inc.: Secret Agent Men and Lessons in Not Skipping Tutor...
- Survival 101 with Don't Starve: In Tools, Hats, and Scary Monsters
- Giveaway: Don’t Starve - and Enter to Win a PS4!
We at Curse are extremely excited to announce a partnership with Hi-Rez Studios which is sure to take your SMITE experience to the next level. You can now step up your games by using Curse Voice to organize and destroy the opposition!
Chatting with teammates has never been easier. Simply create sessions with the click of a button -- you can launch right from in-game and start coordinating over our low-latency servers all for FREE. Curse Voice integrates fully into the SMITE client, providing you with an unmatched overlay experience.
This means you can easily create and share voice sessions while in queue or during god select, and you'll even see voice notifications next to god portraits while you play! Never worry about manually creating and sharing sessions, either, because Curse Voice automatically detects and matches you with teammates running the software.
Best of all? All players that play a game of Smite while using Curse Voice before August 31 will receive a code to claim a free 200 gems, and one lucky player between now and July 18th will also win an additional 8000 gems!
Haven't played the game before? SMITE is a free-to-play online battleground between gods. Choose your deity and jump into the fray, using the powers you've been granted to triumph over your opponents in 5v5 team matches from a 3rd person perspective. It's a tactical, mythical game which puts you into the thick of the action to move and fight your way through dynamic battlegrounds.
Lastly, to celebrate SMITE and Curse Voice combining forces, we're proud to bring you an amazing giveaway! One Grand Prize winner will reign supreme with a new Alienware X51 and 8,000 SMITE gems! Five first prize winners will get 3,500 gems to start off their quest in the hottest new MOBA on the market. We'll see you on the battlefield!
Senior Wiki Manager Wynthyst has been busy over on the WildStar Wiki adding all the known outdoor housing items into our database. These plugs fit into one of the six sockets that are on your housing property and they range from functional plugs like the Crafting Kiosk, to the non-functioning, vanity plugs like the Outhouse seen below.
Those two are examples of the smaller 1x1 outdoor housing plugs, of which of you have four sockets to place those plugs. You do get two larger 1x2 sockets on your plot of land and these larger sockets offer things that the smaller plugs don't, like a Ferris Wheel or a fully functional Robot Workshop.
And that's only four examples out of a selection of close to 100 different plugs for the area around your home on Nexus, but we still need your help. We need folks like you to contribute, so we can catalog even more housing items like the furnishings inside your home as well as just adding some more information to the sockets and plugs that have already been cataloged.
So head on over to the WildStar Wiki today, and while your playing this weekend, catalog a few items for your fellow players or just add some new info to some existing listings. See you on Nexus!