Highly anticipated sci-fi RTS Grey Goo kicked off just last month, with players everywhere lining up to show off their strategy skills and reign supreme as Beta, Humans, or Goo. We've partnered with Grey Box to not only tell you about this refreshing take on Real-Time Strategy, but to give you a chance to win amazing prizes -- you could take home an Alienware 17 laptop and a copy of Grey Goo, just by entering over at this page!
Unfamiliar with the game? Pick your faction and try your hand at controlling the lifeblood of the coveted Ecosystem Nine. You'll have to grow, fight, and evolve to stay ahead of the curve and crush the competition.
Centuries after Humanity first left Earth, all forms of life in the Milky Way have evolved toward an inward tranquility. But there has been a mutation. A mysterious organism barrels toward the surface of a lone, resource-rich planet known as Ecosystem 9, on a mission to consume all it encounters.
Classic strategy mechanics, sci-fi environment and concepts, and a balanced combat system with an emphasis on large-scale decision-making all combine in Grey Goo, putting you at the forefront making decisions to affect your entire faction:
- Find the faction that fits your play style—and master it by taking on the AI or the Grey Goo community.
- Experience the conflict on Ecosystem 9 up close and personal in the single-player campaign.
- Join the fray on Steam and find opponents through skill-based matchmaking.
- Change the rules of the battlefield with unit-altering tech upgrades.
- Deliver devastating blows by constructing game-ending Epic units.
- Take the battle offline via Local Area Network play.
- Create your own battlefields with the Grey Goo map editor and share them with the community via Steam Workshop.
Who will first develop the tools to take it all? Find out with your very own copy of Grey Goo, available on Steam or at the official website. You'll also want to make sure and visit the Grey Goo Wiki on Gamepedia since it has a large collection of gameplay details which are sure to help you take on the opposition.