Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - First Assault, Neople’s first-person shooter rendition of the critically acclaimed anime series “The Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex”, released to Early Access on Steam this week! Fans of the series will recognize some of the unique characters, including Major Motoko Kusanagi, Batou, Saito, Borma, Paz, Togusa and Ishikawa -- all playable within the game.
If you haven’t had a chance to try out the game yet, and want to get a better idea of what it’s all about, here’s a quick rundown of some of the key features, brought to you by our sponsor Nexon:
In Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, you’re a member of Section 9 which consists of a team of cybernetically enhanced operatives in charge of protecting society and fighting terrorists. Set in futuristic Japan, your goals consist of upgrading into a weaponized version of yourself and delivering justice for those that have been left vulnerable.
- Humanity Weaponized: Exceed the limits of mortality as you augment your evolved human shell with cutting edge technology engineered to kill. Fight as one of several distinctive operatives, each with a unique cyber skill ranging from heat seeking drones and deployable turrets, to therm-optic camouflage and infra-red vision.
- Synchronized Assault: Systematically deploy crippling strikes utilizing advanced cyber skill sharing technology with fellow Section 9 operatives. SkillSync enables smart combat with advanced battlefield tactics evolving the tactical shooter experience to a futuristic stage of warfare.
- Mankind is Hackable: It’s 2030 and the citizens of Japan are under attack from sinister cyber terrorists attempting to corrupt society. Join Section 9 and explore a dystopian world inspired by “Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex”, the animation series based on the cult-favorite franchise that launched the Cyberpunk genre, paving the way for several major sci-fi blockbusters
In the initial Early Access launch, the game features three distinct combat modes. You’ll find some of them quite familiar for shooters and a few unique modes inspired by the world of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex itself:
- TEAM DEATHMATCH: Fight opposing forces and use SkillSync to systematically deploy tactical strikes, eliminating the most opponents within the given time to win the battle.
- TERMINAL CONQUEST: Capture strategic terminals and prevent the opposing forces from doing so with advanced battlefield tactics and the aid of a friendly Tachikoma. A Ghost in the Shell spin on zone control.
- DEMOLITION: Critical assets must be defended and destroyed. Teamwork is critical in this mode; link-up and share cyberskills to win each round. Search and Destroy with SkillSync enabled.
- DEFENSE: Eliminate all opposing forces from destroying your assets or diffuse any explosives that are planted.
- ATTACK: Deliver the first assault to eliminate the opposition or plant explosives to destroy their assets.
Since this is Early Access, keep in mind that most of the content is still in early stages of development and Neople is actively looking for your feedback and ideas on how to shape the game throughout development, and plans to continue adding and testing new content based on player feedback.
View a gallery of game screenshots here.
For more about Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - First Assault, you can visit the official site or their Steam page. And while you're busy downloading the game, be sure to check out the official Ghost in the Shell wiki over at Gamepedia, the most comprehensive source of information on the game!