Come celebrate the launch of Overwatch with us by entering to compete in the second Alienware Monthly Melee tournament featuring a $3,000 prize pool! For your convenience, we have all of the details compiled below on how you can register your team, and more. Will we see you on the battlefield?
We're kicking off launch day in style with the biggest tournament ever for Overwatch, allowing up to 64 teams to participate in the competition! Here's some of the general information:
Dates & Times:
- Tuesday, 24th @ 5 PM EST (Winner’s Bracket RO64 - RO16 & Loser’s Bracket Rounds 1-5)
- Wednesday, 25th @ 5 PM EST (Winner’s Bracket RO8 - Grand Finals & Loser’s Bracket Round 6 - Grand Finals)
- $3,000 prize pool
Watch it Live:
If you're not participating, come watch it live with the rest of us!
Registration & Contact
You can register for the tournament over here at GosuGamers.net starting at 2 PM PST today. When registering, you MUST add your battle tag so that teams have the ability to contact each other. The tags will show up for the opposing team on the Match page.
The Curse app will be used for contacting and communicating for the tournament. All teams MUST be reachable here at this link: https://www.curse.com/invite/gzE8gMMcrky0M0vezyOKMA!
If our admin team is unable to reach a registered team via the Curse app, it may be grounds for disqualification. All teams will be required to be on the Curse app no later than 4:30 PM EST on both tournament days. Failure to appear and check in may result in disqualification. Please be on time!
The tournament will be using a medal scoring system that will be based on how quickly the map is completed. Teams will be awarded points dependent on the ranking received. Points are only scored on attack.
|Gold||5 minutes or less||3|
8 minutes or less
|Bronze||Over 8 minutes||1|
- KOTH Hero Limit - Only King of the Hill maps will be enforcing 1 hero limit. (Lijang Tower, Nepal, Illios)
- 2 CP Map Ban - Volskaya Industries, Temple of Anubis, and Hanamura will not be eligible to be drafted on Day 2.
- BO3 Series - On day one, teams will play on the map pool listed below. On day two, both teams ban Payload maps until two remain. Two maps are guaranteed to be played. If both teams are tied after two payload maps, both teams ban a KOTH map each and the remaining map is played as a tiebreaker.
- BO5 Series - Both teams ban until four Payload maps remain. Three maps are guaranteed to be played. If a team has a lead of 4 points or more after 3 maps, the series is over. Otherwise, a fourth map is played. If both teams are tied after four payload maps, both teams ban a KOTH map each and the remaining map is played as a tiebreaker.
- Map Order: On Day One, maps will be played in the order listed in the map list. On Day Two, the last map to be banned will be the first map. In a BO5 series, the team which lost the last map gets to choose the next map.
- Ban Order - The team with the higher seeding gets choice of first ban or second ban.
- Side Choice - Day One: On day one, the higher seed gets first choice of side on map one. After the first map of the series, the team with the higher point total will be the first attacker (Red) for the next map. In the event that both teams are tied before beginning a map, side choice will default to the team which did not pick the last side.
- Side Choice - Day Two: For the first map of any series, the team which did not ban last has first choice of side. After the first map of the series, the team with the higher point total will be the first attacker (Red) for the next map. In the event that both teams are tied before beginning a map, side choice will default to the team which did not pick the last side.
- Server Rules - All games are to be played on the Americas realm except in the event of an agreement between both teams to play elsewhere. Default server settings must be used, with the exception of the Kill Cam setting which must be turned off. When a KOTH map is played (Lijang, Nepal, Ilios), the Hero Limit setting must be set to 1.
- Server Crash Policy - If the server crashes in the middle of a map, the standard response will be to replay that side of a map in full. However, the admin team reserves the right upon review to award a judgment to a team if a definitive result was going to be imminently produced (IE: A team was 3 seconds from losing wih no mathematical way of winning prior to the crash). If the server crashes in the middle of a KOTH game, the following will be observed:
- Round Completions are counted. (IE: If a team was up one round, they will still be considered up one round on the replay.)
- When remaking a KOTH game, the game will be remade until the same stage is able to be played. Furthermore, the game is remade on the second round, it is not acceptable for the first round stage to be played as a third round. In the event the first round stage comes up in the third round, the game will be remade until the proper third round stage is selected.
- Player Substitutions - In the event that a team is without a full 6 players that were officially signed up, a team may substitute in ONE non-rostered player. This player must not have played in any previous rounds of the tournament with any other teams. Furthermore, a team is allowed only one substitute player for the entire tournament. If the team loses another player, or the original substitute is unavailable to play, the team in question may not use a second non-rostered substitute.
- Match Reporting - Screenshots of each side of each map must be submitted in the #matchreports channel. Additionally, it is encouraged (though not required) that teams take a screenshot after each round of KOTH in the event of a server crash and subsequent dispute. In the event of a dispute in where neither team can produce screenshots, the Admin reserves the right to either force a replay or disqualify both teams.
- Admin Clause - While the administrators will make every effort to adhere to the rules of the tournament as previously outlined, the admins retain the right to overrule any part contained within if necessary.
- IMPORTANT: Streaming your own matches is forbidden and doing so may result in automatic disqualification.
Map Pool for Day 1
|Round of 64||Route66, Dorado, Ilios|
|Round of 32||Numbani, Hollywood, Nepal|
|Round of 16||King's Row, Gibraltar, Lijang Tower|
|Round 2||Lijang Tower|
|Round 4||Lijang Tower|
|Round 5||Hollywood, King's Row, Nepal|
For Day 2 of the tournament, see the General Rules section.
Be sure to check out the excitement with the rest of us LIVE on the 24th and 25th over at TheLab.gg and Twitch! If you're looking for more information about Overwatch, or simply looking for a community that shares your interest in the game, head over to our Overwatch wiki and Overpwn.com, respectively!
And as always, Enjoy the game.
This is a sponsored article brought to you by Alienware.